The Transform 66 Outside the Beltway project is the result of nearly a decade of studies, plans, reports, and public meetings. Find project information and materials compiled here for easier review.
All are Adobe PDF files unless otherwise noted.
Concession Fee Projects
November 2017 Design Public Hearings
June 2017 Public Information Meetings
Transportation Management Plan (TMP-August 2016)
Federal Register Notice (July 6, 2016)
Tier 2 Finding of No Significant Impact (June 22, 2016)
Tier 2 Final Environmental Assessment and Technical Reports (May-August 2016)
Click here to view the Tier 2 Final Environmental Assessment and Technical Reports.
Conversion of HOV-2 Designation on I-66 Outside the Capital Beltway to HOV-3 (June 2016)
- Technical report
Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Fact Sheet (May 2017)
Concept Plans (April 2016)
Elected Officials and Media Briefing (March 2016)
- News release
- Presentation (March 31, 2016)
Tier 2 Revised Environmental Assessment (January 2016)
Transform 66 P3 Project Briefing on Conceptual Financial Proposals and Next Steps
October 2015 Public Information Meeting Materials
Click here to view the public information meeting materials and exhibits, including concept plans for the Preferred Alternative and Phase 1.
May / June 2015 Public Hearing Materials
January / February 2015 Public Information Meeting Materials
Click here to view the public information meeting materials and exhibits.
Tier 2 Draft Environmental Assessment Preliminary Information
I-66 Improvements, Attitudes and Perceptions - 2014 Benchmark Study
Beginning in July 2014, the Southeastern Institute of Research (SIR) conducted a survey of Interstate 66 users on behalf of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The overarching goal of this survey was to create a benchmark of the attitudes, perceptions and levels of support for planned I-66 improvements among users.
Specifically, the study sought to assess awareness, familiarity, perceptions, misperceptions and expectations of the planned improvements.
The study also worked to understand the degree of support for the improvements – including the drivers underlying that support – and to identify any potential issues.
Finally, the study sought to provide feedback on the public information and education campaign.
Tier 1 Environmental Impact Statement
- January / February 2014 – Public information meetings display boards
- March 2013 – Public hearing presentation, brochure, and display boards
- February 2013 - I-66 - Transportation technical report
- February 2013 - I-66 - Transportation technical report: Appendices A - H
- January / February 2012 – Public information meeting presentation, newsletter, display boards, and comments summary
- Cooperating and participating agencies meetings – March 2012, November 2011
- June 2011 – Public information meeting presentation, handout, and display boards
- Agency scoping meeting – June 2011
- I-66 Transit / TDM study final report (Dec. 31, 2009)
- I-66 Transit / TDM study appendices (Dec. 31, 2009)
Free Adobe Reader