E.C. Lawrence Park
A new access road and entrance to E.C. Lawrence Park from Stonecroft Boulevard opened on Nov. 13, 2019. It is on the north side of the park, near Westfields Boulevard. Drivers should use an address of 5000 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, for navigation and trip routing. The existing park entrance from Route 28 will close on Dec. 12, 2019.
Additional project features include:
- 115 new parking spaces adjacent to the baseball and softball fields
- A new shared-use path along the access road that will make the park more accessible to pedestrians and cyclists (planned opening in spring 2020)
Get a closer look at what’s planned through the Transform 66 Interactive Map.
Accessing the Park
- From I-66 and other points to the south, take Route 28 North to the exit for Westfields Boulevard West, turn left at the traffic signal to Stonecroft Boulevard, then turn right at the new park entrance.
- From Route 50 and other points to the north, take Route 28 South to the exit for Westfields Boulevard West, turn left at the traffic signal to Stonecroft Boulevard, then turn right at the new park entrance.
- The existing park entrance from Route 28 will temporarily remain open as an entrance for inbound traffic only. Traffic will not be permitted to exit the park at Route 28. This entrance will close permanently in late 2019.
- Access to the Walney Visitor Center, Cabell’s Mill, and other E.C. Lawrence Park facilities on the east side of Route 28 are not impacted by this change.
- The athletic fields have a new address of 5000 Stonecroft Boulevard, which has been added to navigation providers (Waze, Google, Apple) to aid in trip routing.
Sign up for project email updates to keep up-to-date.
|New access road opens
||Nov. 13, 2019
|Current entrance closes
||Dec. 12, 2019
|Shared-use path opens