E.C. Lawrence Park
A new access road and entrance to E.C. Lawrence Park from Stonecroft Boulevard opened in November 2019. It is on the north side of the park, near Westfields Boulevard. Drivers should use an address of 5000 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, for navigation and trip routing. The existing park entrance from Route 28 closed in December 2019.
Additional project features include:
- 115 new parking spaces adjacent to the baseball and softball fields
- A new shared-use path along the access road that makes the park more accessible to pedestrians and cyclists opened in June 2020
Get a closer look at what’s planned through the Transform 66 Interactive Map.
Accessing the Park
- From I-66 and other points to the south, take Route 28 North to the exit for Westfields Boulevard West, turn left at the traffic signal to Stonecroft Boulevard, then turn right at the new park entrance.
- From Route 50 and other points to the north, take Route 28 South to the exit for Westfields Boulevard West, turn left at the traffic signal to Stonecroft Boulevard, then turn right at the new park entrance.
- The existing park entrance from Route 28 will temporarily remain open as an entrance for inbound traffic only. Traffic will not be permitted to exit the park at Route 28. This entrance will close permanently in late 2019.
- Access to the Walney Visitor Center, Cabell’s Mill, and other E.C. Lawrence Park facilities on the east side of Route 28 are not impacted by this change.
- The athletic fields have a new address of 5000 Stonecroft Boulevard, which has been added to navigation providers (Waze, Google, Apple) to aid in trip routing.
Sign up for project email updates to keep up-to-date.
A new ¾-mile shared-use path opened June 18 connecting Stonecroft Boulevard and the E.C. Lawrence ballfields.
|New access road opened
||Nov. 13, 2019
|Current entrance closed
||Dec. 12, 2019
|Shared-use path opens
||June 18, 2020
|Poplar Tree Road Bridge opens