Construction Activities in September
Drivers can expect to see concrete barrier set up, lane restriping, and traffic shifts in the following areas:
- Eastbound and westbound I-66 between Route 123 and I-495
- Eastbound and westbound I-66 between West Ox Road and Jermantown Road
- Eastbound and westbound I-66 between Route 28 and Fairfax County Parkway
- Northbound and southbound Route 28 between Route 29 and Braddock Road
- Eastbound and westbound I-66 between Groveton Road and Bull Run Drive
Tree clearing will continue within the Route 123 and Route 28 interchanges, and in VDOT right of way where concrete barriers have been placed. Additionally, crews continue work to temporarily widen the inside median of I-66 between Route 123 and Blake Lane to support upcoming traffic shifts. The temporary relocations of underground utilities along I-66 in the Jermantown Road area also continues.
Check out current and upcoming lane closures.