The Transform 66 Project is constructing a new park and ride lot in the Manassas area near Balls Ford Road to support future carpool, vanpool, and commuter bus service in the I-66 corridor. The lot will be accessed from Century Park Drive, which intersects Balls Ford Road in between Prince William Parkway (Route 234) and Sudley Road (Route 234 Business). The lot will offer direct access to the new Express Lanes to and from the east.
- Approximately 1,300 commuter parking spaces when the lot opens in 2022.
- Three bus bays with covered waiting areas and real-time bus service information.
- Designated locations with covered waiting areas for carpool and vanpool, as well as a kiss-and-ride area.
- Amenities such as lighting and covered bicycle racks.
Get a closer look at what’s planned through the Transform 66 Interactive Map.
Learn more about commuter bus service currently available in the Manassas area through OmniRide.
Construction Update (Updated December 28, 2021)
- Construction of the bridge deck over I-66 and the ramps at the Balls Ford Road Park and Ride Lot continues.
Work progresses on the Express Lanes ramp near the Balls Ford Road Park and Ride Lot. (May 19, 2021)
Aerial view of the Balls Ford Road Park & Ride area. (March 22, 2022)
What Neighbors Can Expect
- Overnight construction activities will be avoided when possible. However, back-up alarms on equipment and trucks, which is necessary for the safety of construction crews, cannot be avoided at any time.
- Lighting of the construction area during the nighttime hours will be directed to minimize light pollution for nearby residents.
- Every effort will be made to communicate major traffic switches or nighttime work through project emails and the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway website.
What Drivers Can Expect
- Construction-related detours and stoppages may be in place periodically.
- New traffic patterns may be implemented as construction progresses.
- Drivers should slow down, stay focused, and be alert for construction crews.
Sign up for project email updates to keep up-to-date.
The lot is planned to open in late 2022 concurrent with the opening of the Express Lanes.